Tipsy Tuesday: 10 Benefits of Lemons
Since my life revolves around lemons right now I might as well share some of the benefits of lemons with you. At the end I’ve included a link that I stumbled across for 31 ways to use a lemon peel. Happy reading!
1. They contain citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene–that promote immunity and fight infection.
2. They are used as a weight lose aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser.
3. Lemons are alkalinizing for the body which helps restore your bodies pH.
4. Lemons increase peristalsis in the bowels, helping to create a bowel movement thus eliminating waste and helping with regularity.
5. It destroys intestinal worms.
6. Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds, including naturally occurring limonene; oil which slows or halts the growth of cancer tumors in animals and flavonol glycosides which stop cell division in cancer cells.
7. Hair Care: Lemon juice, if applied on the scalp, can treat problems like dandruff, hair fall and other problems related to hair and scalp. Lemon juice if applied on the hair, also gives a natural shine to hair.
8. Skin Care: Lemons can help cure problems of the skin. Lemon juice can be applied to stop sun burn and it helps to get relief from a bee sting as well. Lemon juice can be applied on the skin for acne and eczema problems. It acts as an anti ageing remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads.
9. Lemon-juice is a powerful antibacterial. It has been proved by experiments that the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other deadly diseases are destroyed in lemon-juice.
10. Vitamin C in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease.