The Pro’s & Con’s of Cleansing + My Thoughts on the 3 Day Suja Juice Cleanse
Have you heard of Suja Juice? They are an awesome juice company based right here in sunny San Diego. They make these delicious cold pressed juices in all sorts of yummy flavors. They are most known for their Fresh Start Program. The program let’s you pick 1, 3, or 5 days of a juice cleanse.
I got my hands on the 3 day cleanse. I started it on Monday and it’s Wednesday now as I write this. I’m at the end of the cleanse… and I’m feeling pretty darn good. The way it works is they send you (or you can pick one up in a store that carries Suja) a package with all the juices you need for the 3 days. You get 3 each of the same flavors for each of the 3 days. It looks something like this:
1. Breakfast: GLOW – apple, cucumber, celery, mint, kale, spinach, collards.
2. Mid-Morning: FUEL – carrot, orange, apple, pineapple, lemon, turmeric.
3. Lunch: PURIFY – carrot, apple, celery, beet, lemon.
4. Mid-Afternoon: FIJI – fuji apple, cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, collards, lemon, ginger.
5. Dinner: GREEN SUPREME – apple, kale, lemon.
6. Dessert: VANILLA CLOUD – coconut, almond, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla.
I’ve got to say that this is by far the EASIEST and TASTIEST cleanse I have ever done. They provide you the juice, so no juicing machine required. It’s cold pressed so the nutrients last longer. It’s laid out in an easy to follow process (as you can see from above) and all the juices taste pretty darn good. Even the ones with the celery. I know a lot of people that don’t like celery that have done this cleanse and they were able to get them down. They may have not been their favorite flavors, but they drank them.
So do I recommend Suja Juice’s Fresh Start Program…? Hell yes. It sure beats the Master Cleanse. I do want to share my thoughts on cleansing all together though. If you are reading this and you have done cleanses in the past then you will relate, if you are new to cleansing, the following will be some helpful insights to know before you start.
– It cleanses you. If you do any sort of juice cleanse… you will be cleansed. It really is a great way to reset a healthy diet or after a weekend of naughty eating.
– If you make it through the number of days you commit to a cleanse you feel very accomplished. It’s not an easy task.
– You get really clear that you don’t actually need as much food as you think you do. This one was huge for me the first time I cleansed, especially being a personal trainer and the whole protein myth. Cleansing really opened my eyes to a much more healthier way of eating.
– You will lose weight. But when you go back to eating you gain it back. Cleansing is really just for that… cleansing. Don’t use it for a weight loss tool, more so use it to jump start a healthy eating regime.
– You will great afterwards. You may feel more energetic, lighter, experience clearer skin, and have a happy digestive system.
– You will feel hungry. Let’s face it, you stop eating solid foods for a handful of days your stomach is going to be pissed. But it eventually figures it out and settles down.
– You pee a lot. So be close to a restroom while your cleansing.
– You have thoughts of quitting. You may start to think… “this isn’t for me, I’m too hungry, I like food” It’s all a mind game, hang in there. You’ll be happy you made it through.
– Everything will smell 10x better and delicious than if you were not cleansing. I recommend not getting anywhere near cooking bacon. You might die. When we cleanse it heightens our senses… so food aromas are intensified… but so are flowers.
– You may get grumpy. When I am limited on calorie consumption I get super grumpy. I also get irritated easily. But I am also very active and need way more calorie than a cleanse offers me, which was why the master cleanse didn’t win in my book. Just know you may experience some mood swings. As long as your aware of it you should be able to keep your cool.
– If you do a juice cleanse just know that juices have a ton of sugar. It’s all natural from the veggies and fruits but if lessoning your sugar intake is a goal, then a juice cleanse may not be for you.
When you are all done cleansing make sure to ease back into whole foods. Starting with fruits and veggies. Avoid meats for a couple days. Your digestive system just had a break, don’t dump a huge work load on it right away.
If you want to give cleansing a try, I say go for it. It’s worth the experience. Suja is an easy way to do it. The best thing about Suja juice is that you can drink their juices anytime, so even after you are done cleansing you can still add a juice in here and there to keep you on a healthy track.
Have you done a Suja Juice cleanse before? I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks for reading friends! If you have anymore questions about my experience with cleansing or starting a healthy eating program feel free to leave a comment! I’m here to help!