Crap Healthy People Don’t Eat
When it comes to being healthy and staying that way there are some things that you just don’t eat anymore. I’ve been in the business for a decade now… jeez… when I put it like that it seems like such a long time… anyway… and I’ve trained many different types of people. When it comes down to it, the people who lose weight and KEEP it off and all in a healthy way just don’t eat the things below.
What you wont find on this list that you may be surprised about is sugar. Most people eat sugar at some point. They treat themselves to a dessert for their birthday or have a glass of wine after a hard day at work. If someone truly never ingests some type of sugar I’d love to see it. Being healthy doesn’t mean you can’t eat sugar or any of the following ever again, it just seems to work out that way.
You cut certain things out and eventually you stop craving them, and then stop thinking about them all together. Ridding your diet of junk food may seem challenging at first, but if you keep at it, it will get easier.
Just avoid the following things if you are really wanting to live healthier and stay that way. Working out is a good idea too… it’s my job, I have to say that 😉 but seriously though, find something you love doing that makes you sweat, keep active and fuel your body with the good stuff k?
1. Soda – Coke, Pepsi, Sprite… all of it, even diet. What’s the point? It’s like liquid candy. It is empty calories full of sugar. Diet soda is even worse because it’s the fake sugar they add that causes all sorts of yucky stuff in the body. Soda has been linked to diabetes, bad teeth, obesity (duh), I mean those three things alone are enough to stop drinking it yes? If you really must have a soda, and I mean really really… then reach for a natural soda made with real stuff, like real sugar, but keep it to a minimum.
2. Fast Food – Fast food is convenient but one thing I’ve noticed with myself and my clients is that fast food just isn’t an option anymore. McDonalds, Wendy’s, Jack-in-the-Box, all of them… no bueno. The truth is that nothing that any of those fast food restaurants serves is going to beneficial to your health. Maybe just the water. The meat… ugh… I don’t even want to go there, I bet you you can find GMO’s and really when it comes down to it it really doesn’t do a body good. Don’t feed it to your kids either… no wonder why child obesity rates are up. If you want a burger, spend a little extra cash and get a GOOD one. One made with real meat and fresh veggies.
3. Fried Food – Just don’t do it. It’s food dipped in batter then dunked in hot oil until cooked to a crisp. No… just not happening. The only thing I would let my clients get away with is the occasional tempura sushi roll.
4. High Processed Foods – Healthy people care about what goes in their bodies. They are not about to put something in their body that has sixteen ingredients and thirteen of them they can’t pronounce. Less ingredients the better… and you should know what they all are.
5. Candy – It’s like soda. Empty and has no nutritional value. Fake flavors, fake colors and who knows what else. Stay away… stay very far away. Frozen grapes have been a big hit with my clients when they are wanting a sweet snack, frozen blueberries work too. If you love your sour candy, try golden berries or for a little chocolate crunch… chocolate covered hemp seeds. Dried fruit also works wonders when you are craving sweets.
I care about people’s health. I care about your health… and I just can’t stress enough how important it is to avoid the above foods. Time and time again as people start making healthier choices and start feeling better and then try to go back to eating the junk food… they can’t do it. They feel sick or grossed out. Your body knows what is good for it, so give it what it wants.
Aren’t the illustrations adorable…? Wish I knew the artist.