DIY: Anti Wrinkle Serum
Whoa… did she just say ‘do-it-myself anti-wrinkle serum’? I sure did ladies and gentlemen… yes guys, you can use this too. With all this Botox and other BS around to help us look younger… I turn to nature. Nature has everything we need to stay looking and feeling young. I also started using natural oils to make my own beauty products because I had a slight skin condition on my face that just would not go away, ever since I’ve been using this stuff… I don’t have a problem anymore. I’m telling you, this stuff is amazing. If you go to your local beauty supply store and look at the prices for anti-aging serums you could be paying anywhere from $20-$50 a bottle, if not more. If you were to just put a few extra dollars down for some high quality essential oils and make it yourself, you could have an abundance of anti-aging serums for a very long time.
That’s just what I did. I bought a few essential oils from Mountain Rose Herbs, made the serum and have been using it for a couple months now. I’ve also made some for some girlfriends and they all love it. I’ve already seen a difference in the area around my eyes and it has also smoothed out my skin quite a bit. I’ve also noticed I don’t have acne issues anymore. I found this recipe on another San Diego bloggers site called Bohemian Kate, she has all sorts of amazing natural beauty recipes, so please check out her blog. Here’s the how to…
Anti Wrinkle Serum
– small glass bottle (dark color is best, like brown or blue)
– I like to add a few drops of lavender oil for scent purposes but is totally optional
- Clean and sanitize your bottle. To do that just boil it in water for a couple minutes and let it dry. Make sure all water is removed before adding oil. Water will make your oil go bad and we don’t want that.
- Add equal parts of the oils together except the Carrot Seed Oil in your glass bottle. After you have added all the oils together, mix in 2 – 3 drops of the carrot seed oil.
- Screw the cap on and gently roll it between your hands to blend the oils.
- Apply to a clean, dry face around the eyes and mouth before using moisturizer. Or… you can do what I do and just use it as a entire facial serum.
I tried to find the oils at a few of the health food stores around where I live. I could find a few but not all. I would recommend just buying them in bulk all in one swoop. I buy mine from Mountain Rose Herbs. I’ve been really happy with their prices and product.
So don’t run out and spend a ton of money on pretty packaging and products that claim younger looking skin but have ingredients you can’t pronounce. Use nature and make it yourself. Your skin will thank you for it.