I may be in Bali but that doesn’t mean you can’t get your workouts done!!!
The following is a quick little workout you can do in no time at all. It works everything posterior (hamstrings, glutes & back), chest, shoulders, arms and abs. If you do it quick it will also get your heart rate up. Watch the video and the how-to is below. Big shout out to my client Matt for his awesomeness and The Sporting Club for allowing me to film.
1. Make sure to pick a weight that you can do all three kettlebell exercises with.
2. These 5 exercises are meant to be done one right after the other.
3. You can either time each exercise (30 secs. to a minute each) or you can count reps.
4. Repeat the whole process 3 – 5 times. with a short rest betweens sets. Depending on your fitness level rest anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
Kettlebell Swings – 20 Reps
1. Stand straight with your legs shoulder width apart. Toes slightly turned out.
2. Lean forward at your waist slightly and bend your knees so as to go into a semi-squat. Keep your back arched and head facing forward steadily.
3. Let you arms hang loosely and raise the weight with both hands over your head and inhale. Then, swing the weight with both hands in between the legs towards the back of you while exhaling. Move the kettlebell using power thrusts from the hip, thigh, and lower back muscles. Powerful hip snap on every rep are musts. Push your hips all the way through. Make sure to be squeezing your butt or you will end up with a sore back the next day.
4. Inhale on the swing between your legs and exhale when you raise it to your shoulders. Try to avoid using your arms to lift the weight. The thrust from you hips should be significant enough to bring the weight up.
Kettlebell Deadlifts – 10 – 15 reps
1. Feet should still be in the same position as the swings.
2. Squat until the kettlebell hits the ground then come back up. Keep back flat as you squat. If you find that you are rounding don’t go all the way down to the ground with the kettlebell.
3. Make sure squeeze your butt when you come up to standing.
Squat & Press – 10 – 15 reps
1. Same standing position as the first two exercises.
2. Hold kettlebell at chest (see video on how to hold it).
3. Squat down, when you come up press the kettlebell over your head.
4. Drop right back down into your squat with kettlebell at your chest.
Medicine Ball Push-Ups – 10 – 20 reps
1. Have a medicine close by. Size doesn’t matter (in this case 🙂 ).
2. Do one push-up with the ball under one hand then roll it to the other and do another push-up.
3. Keep passing the ball back and forth doing a push-up each time.
*Downdog Donkey Kicks – 8 – 10 reps each side
1. Start in downdog position. Kick one leg up to high to the sky.
2. Shift shoulders forward over hands and bring knee to one elbow.
3. Push back into downdog kicking the leg high again.
4 This time bring knee in to opposite elbow.
5. Repeat on both sides.
*Note: If this exercise is too challenging replace it with any abdominal exercise that you are comfortable with.
Done an done. Make sure to stretch afterwards. Have fun!!!