Ahhhh yeahhhhh… one of my favorite breakfasts. I love the combination of the acai flavor with the banana and strawberries. I am sure I will be consuming quite a few of these on the road trip (3 days!!!). I prefer to make my own at home so I can control the amount of fruit and honey that goes into it, so it’s not as high in sugar. Also I’m picky about my granola and like using homemade kind.
Acai seems to be everywhere now. They even make an energy drink from it… yep… that’s right, and I have to admit (and it may not be very “trainer like” of me but hey, I’m human too) it’s really good with vodka. Anyhow, it’s everywhere – so what’s so great about it??? Well let me share a few tips from a book that I absolutely love called Superfoods by David Wolfe.
Did you know…
- Contains high levels of essential fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6) as well as omega-9 and monounsaturated oleic acid.
- Super rich in blue-pigmented antioxidants… what does that mean… well… they play a critical role in neutralizing free radicals within the body, thus promoting longevity.
- Contains nineteen different amino acids necessary for building healthy proteins throughout the body. Move over yucky protein shakes and pass me an acai super smoothie!
- Excellent source of dietary fiber which aids in digestion – always a good thing.
- Rich in minerals and vitamins, especially calcium, phosphorus, beta-carotene, and vitamin E.
So there you go, a quick little schooling on the all amazing acai fruit. I really enjoy the sambazon acai company. They do a lot to give back to the land and people where they harvest the fruit from. Check it…
K, love your faces… see ya!!!