Simple Pleasure #22: Coconuts!!!
Can I just say how much I love coconuts. They have got to be right up there with my favorite things. Pretty much anything coconut does me good… raw coconut, coconut water, oil, curry, ice-cream, macaroons, scrambled eggs… huh, wait? Scrambled eggs??? Yep… it’s a little trick of mine. I take coconut milk from the can and whip it into my eggs before I cook them. It makes them nice a fluffy and gives them a nice flavor as well. I think coconuts have gotten a bad rap… they are very nutritious. Maybe you already know how great they are… but I wouldn’t be the Wellness Doer if I didn’t share some all-mighty facts with you about coconuts…
– Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance.
– Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
– Helps protect against osteoporosis.
– Supports tissue healing and repair.
– Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
– Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease.
– Supports thyroid function.
– Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
– Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
And the list goes on and on. I found these tidbits at www.coconutresearchcenter.org – great site. It will give you all the information you need about coconuts. The picture above is in Phi at the Curry Shack in Thailand… the guy sliced it open, used the juice to make my smoothie and then served my curry right in the coconut! Best curry ever.
Go get yourselves some coconuts! Drink to your health!