Fresh Sesame Ginger Veggie Spring Rolls
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard or boring for that matter. These easy and oh-so delicious veggie spring rolls are sure to fill you up and keep you healthy. They also make for a great snack depending on what you put in them. Get creative and add ingredients that fit your liking.
Here are a few suggestions that I have enjoyed thoroughly from past spring roll experiments: avocado, cucumber, bell pepper (any kind of vegetables really), smoked salmon, sprouts of any kind, tomatoes, flavored hummus, garlic mayo, kale, chard, lentils, thinly sliced meat.
The sauce you choose is really what makes the wrap. My all time, go-to dressing is Bragg’s Sesame & Ginger Dressing, it’s the jam. In my opinion it has the freshest flavor and brings all the ingredients together nicely. I love the Asian inspired flare but go with whatever tickles your fancy.
What you will need:
- Rice Paper
- Organic Seaweed Squares (optional), you can also use large chard leafs
- 3-4 Veggies of your choice
- Spread such as hummus
- Any other ingredients: smoked fish, meat, cheese, etc.
- Chop up your veggies first, making sure to slice them thin (makes it easier to wrap). Set aside.
- Rinse one piece of rice paper in warm water for 5 seconds (make sure to get both sides). Lay on plate.
- Place seaweed on top of rice paper and spread your hummus evenly in the center (see pic above).
- Arrange veggies so that they are even across the wrap, so when you roll it, it’s an even roll.
- Finish with any protein if any.
- Roll the rice paper over the ingredients so that is makes a long log shape (it’s ok if stuff sticks out the ends).
- Cut in half and dip into your favorite dressing (dressing can also be applied before you roll it).
Make sure not to over stuff your wraps. The rice paper makes it super easy to keep them together, so if you over stuff them the rice paper won’t hold it together and you’ll end up with a mess. Eat with a side salad, fresh fruit or just by themselves! Enjoy and please share any fun combos you come up with!